24 May 2018

Chevalier Charles Coulombe on The Benedict Option

What begins as a discussion of Rod Dreher's Benedict Option, turns into a discussion of the use of modern technology to form networks of Traditional Catholics.

The Chevalier says that when he was younger, the only options were letters and phone calls. I remember well! I had read some of his articles but we had never met or interacted until the Catholic Voice International conference in 1991. I was an invited speaker, but he was just an attendee. Go figure! I met him and Roy Moore at that conference, and for the first years of our acquaintance, it was indeed letters and phone calls.

With the development of the internet and then convenient, inexpensive cell phones capable of texting, that has changed. I often want to comment on a video or ask a question inspired by one. I simply PM the Chevalier on Facebook and, usually, within minutes I have a response.

I also participate in fora, a couple of Traditional Catholic ones and a Monarchist one. I belong to the Traditian Order and the Counter Revolution, both internet based groups. Much of the reading I do is via the internet. None of this was possible when I first met the Chevalier. Use what we have, computers, cell phones, fora, and online groups to spread the word and fight the good fight!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are subject to deletion if they are not germane. I have no problem with a bit of colourful language, but blasphemy or depraved profanity will not be allowed. Attacks on the Catholic Faith will not be tolerated. Comments will be deleted that are republican (Yanks! Note the lower case 'r'!), attacks on the legitimacy of Pope Francis as the Vicar of Christ (I know he's a material heretic and a Protector of Perverts, and I definitely want him gone yesterday! However, he is Pope, and I pray for him every day.), the legitimacy of the House of Windsor or of the claims of the Elder Line of the House of France, or attacks on the legitimacy of any of the currently ruling Houses of Europe.